Oxio is an Internet service provider in Canada.
I was looking for an alternative to Telus late last year, and I signed up for service with them. I hit a wall when I plugged in a coaxial cable and nothing happened, and I got busy with work and left the new modem and router on a shelf for two months while I tended to other issues.
Late January, I found time again to work on it, and encountered a lot of hiccups including:
- Android app fails to detect router (eero 6) in my vicinity
- Failed to find live coaxial cable (resolved when they sent a Shaw technician to my house).
- Android app only partially connects with serial number, and then tells me to engage with their support team
- Their support team assisted me over Facebook Messenger, but did not have the information the Shaw technician captured
- Their support team had to manually configure my account and also my routers SSID and password.
- Even after this, I was unable to authenticate with their Android app via telephone number or email, including getting a message that my email didn't exist in their system. This baffled the analyst on the chat.
- The speed was only 58 Mbps, less than 1/10 what was advertised for my $80/month plan.
They have told me to update my firmware on the router, and I'll give that a try, but I am not optimistic.
Wish I had done more research on Reddit before I started.
If after that not-so-glowing recommendation, you are still interested in signing up for their service, here is my referral code that will give you one free month of access.
Referral code: RABC7W8